UXPA Ireland hosted a meeting of companies, practitioners, and interested parties
Many of the most important interactions with a business take place before you actually become a customer – like looking around a shop, waiting to be served, or seeing an advert. This is why many web and software designers use the term user experience to reflect that the person interacting with the product or service may not be a customer as such.
Amid the rise of digital technologies and marketing, some might regard User Experience as a business buzzword.
– What is User Experience all about?
– Does user experience make a difference, and if so, how?
– Who are the people doing it?
– How can you improve the user experience of your product or service?
– How can you get involved or find someone to deliver UX services for you?
The UXPA hosted this event to bring together interested parties to discuss these questions and more.
Thursday, February 28th, from 6:25 PM to 8:30 PM (GMT) – Meet @ The Customer Experience Room, Eircom, 1 HSQ, Heuston, Dublin and refreshments
Welcome from the UXPA Ireland President, Stephan Weibelzahl
An overview from UX Consultant and Author, Matt Watkinson
Viewpoints from the agency, client-side, and academic spheres of UX
- Paul Fitzsimons, Director of Operations, iQContent
- Jurek Kirakowski, Director of the Human Factors Research Group, UCC
- Denis O’keeffe, Director of Design and User Experience, Logitech
A Q&A session with the panel of speakers
19:45 – Networking
Matt Watkinsons’s book, The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences, is available from Amazon
Jurek Kirakowski kindly made his presentation slides on User Experience – What is it? Is it profitable and Consider to join the U-Test mailing list.
Contribute to the buzz and discussion on Twitter @UXPAIreland
Big thanks to our event sponsors: